Five minutes*, tops. That's all the time firefighters have to do their life-saving job, thanks to synthetic materials that burn hotter and faster. When teams arrive at a structural fire, it's absolutely critical to share information quickly and accurately from minute one.
Smoke and background noise can cause serious disorientation for firefighters, putting their ability to make quick decisions in peril. If a situation escalates and air begins to run out, the clattering of a low-air alarm on a regulator can interfere with critical voice transmissions.
But what if firefighters could keep all their senses crystal clear, even in the most dangerous environment?
* Source: Hotter and Faster: How to Fight a Modern Fire, Patience Haggin, Time.com, July 2012.
Real safety is not just about air supply; it's about being able to see, hear, and react to incredibly risky situations.
The MSA G1 SCBA helps ensure firefighters can:
Speak clearly via a standard, integrated, noise-cancelling voice amplifier
See through smoke to prevent injury or find a vital escape with help from the G1's integrated TIC
Keep better track of personal air progress and each other with advanced air management features
Keep senses crystal clear
With its noise-cancelling voice amplifier, the MSA G1 SCBA helps ensure firefighters can speak clearly no matter what's happening around them. And with a TIC integrated into the unit, teams can see through smoke to prevent injuries or find vital escapes. Plus, the team is armed with advanced air management features to better track personal air progress - and each other.
The MSA G1 SCBA supports the information lifecycle of clear, communication among all team members on every scene. It radically improves situational awareness to help teams make faster, better decisions.
Eliminate background noise
The MSA G1 SCBA Breathing Apparatus provides clear, consistent voice communication no matter how loud the surrounding environment.
- Listen to voices instead of alarms: The system integrates an electronic voice amplifier that cancels out interference caused by background noise.
- Hear more precisely: The amplifier is located on the SCBA instead of the facepiece for clearer communication.
- No separate on-off switch: The amplifier is connected to a single, central battery located on the unit.
- Expand communication range: The amplifier links wirelessly through Bluetooth to Motorola APX radios with no added cost.
Get sight back in heavy smoke
The G1 features the equipment no firefighter should be without.
- Always with the firefighter: The thermal camera is integrated directly into the SCBA.
- Less expensive: A fully integrated cameras means limited extra expense.
- No more dead batteries: The camera connects to a centralized battery that operates the entire SCBA.
- Single-unit operation: The entire SCBA operates as a unit with fewer wires to get snagged or stuck, and no extra power buttons to remember.
Get at-a-glance air status
Advanced air management features track personnel and team air levels, clear and simple.
- Easy to use: Exact air-time-remaining is displayed on each personal device.
- Clear team communication: Remaining air data is transmitted directly to incident command.
- Quickly identify an issue: Buddy lights can be seen around each team member to show firefighter stance (standing, on the ground, facing forward), while color-coded indictors show how air is tracking.
New TIC Technology
MSA's new TIC technology is integrated into the G1 SCBA control module, making a camera for every firefighter a reality. Enable your team to be faster and more effective from initial 360 to overhaul.
Integrated Directly into the SCBA
- No additional bulky equipment added to your facepiece or hanging from your gear
- Powered by the G1's single integrated power source; never check multiple batteries again
- Single button functionality allows for simple, intuitive use
- Auto-on feature with SCBA
- Compatible with all G1 SCBA via a simple field upgrade
Part of the MSA G1 Platform of the Future
- Lightweight - only adds 4.2 oz. over the standard G1 Control Module
- Large 220 x 176 display with five color palettes ensures crystal clear images
- Full five year warranty on the thermal imager; additional extended warranty available up to 15 years
- Compliant - NFPA 1981 & 1982, 2013 Editions